Culturekiosque Travel Tips Events in Milan: Current Listings
Adolfo Wildt, 1915
Adolfo Wildt (1868-1931). Last symbolist
MILAN, ITALY • Galleria d’Arte Moderna • 27 November 2015 - 14 February 2016
|GAM (Galleria d’Arte Moderna) continues with the exhibition “Adolfo Wildt (1868-1931). Last symbolist”, aimed at focusing attention on the most significant core groups that make up his sculptural works. |
Staged with the collaboration of Musées d’Orsay and the Orangerie in Paris, the show is devoted to the research the artist from Milan conducted into the plastic and material quality of sculpture, illustrated through 55 works in plaster, marble and bronze, accompanied by a series of original drawings and a number of works for comparison: the Vestale by Antonio Canova, as well as works by Fausto Melotti, Lucio Fontana and Arrigo Minerbi.
After having visited the exhibition, which traces the entire Wildt’s creative activity, from early works to the masterpieces of the last years, the visitor will have the opportunity to appreciate his unique style with a route in the city
• Giardino di Villa Reale (GAM): La Trilogia (1912)
• Via Serbelloni 10: Orecchio (1927)
• Via Cappuccini 8: La Vittoria (1918-1919)
• Teatro alla Scala (foyer): Arturo Toscanini (1929)
• Università degli Studi: Sant’Ambrogio (gesso)
• Largo Gemelli: Sant’Ambrogio (bronzo, 1928)
• Cimitero Monumentale: It hosts several testimonies of the artist’s funerary sculpture, from Monument Körner to his own burial.
Galleria d’Arte Moderna Website
||Galleria D'Arte Moderna di Milano|
via Palestro 16
Tel: (39) 02 884.459.47
Event selection, descriptions, ratings, page design, and all other
information in these listings
copyright © 2016
Culturekiosque Publications. All rights reserved.
Images are copyright Culturekiosque.com and/or
their original copyright holders.